Friday 12 April 2013

Font Cover Feedback


After completing my final front cover I asked some people for feedback on it. This was done so as to identify whether there were any major errors with it that needed to be fixed and to see if the general reaction to it was positive or not. These are the responses that I was given:


“Haha I love it.”
- Micah Hills (student)


“Looking good! It is hard to make out the information next to the barcode however. Also it may help changing the 'featuring' to another musicians name as the magazine is already obviously featuring them via placing them on the front page.”
-John Glasspool (student)


"It clearly captures the type of music you were going for. It also reminds of gaming magazines in a way, largely due to the use of 3D graphics."
- Alex Anderson (student)


“Ohh cool! Well I really like the editing. The bits where you used cinema 4D are great, especially the logo and Joe's face. The artists you featured are great too.”
- Kieran Brown (student)


“I think that the editing looks brilliant, but you should fill in the top right corner with text or something because it looks empty and bland so far. Also, adding emphasis to the ‘And many more’ section could really improve it.”
-Benjamin Cook (student)


The most constructive views of the feedback were from Benjamin Cook. All of the point that he made were very valid and I shall include them in my finished product. These changes that I am going to be making are to add some text to the top right and to add an exclamation mark to 'And many more' as well as increasing its font size. In addition to this I have decided to take the advice of John Glasspool and change the barcode and 'featuring' parts of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment