Sunday 14 April 2013

Evaluation Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Cameras:
I have become significantly better at using cameras since the start of this project. To begin with, I was taking poor quality  blurred and badly lit pictures. However after gaining experience from my various photoshoot attempts I was able to improve my talent. Now I am able to capture high quality clear shots which are well lit and look professional.


Adobe Photoshop:
To create the graphics for my magazine I used Adobe Photoshop. When I started the project my skills were very limited because I had previously only had a little experience with the software. Unhappy with what I was producing, I watched a verity of tutorial videos to improve my knowledge and skill. I am now able to create visually impressive pictures and was able to make a lovely looking set of final pieces.


Blogger:
Before this project I had never used blogger. To begin with I found it hard to use and therefore ended up with a poor layout. Adding to this, Google deleted my account for seemingly no reason whatsoever and I therefore had to start from scratch again. Fortunately though, this event only occurred within the first few weeks of the course. I as used Blogger more, I became increasingly better and was able to eventually create what I consider to be a professional looking blog.


CorelDraw:
Prior to the course I had never used CorelDraw Graphics Suite. I found the software to be extremely problematic on occasions as it would often freeze and become unresponsive when I tried to save any of my work. This resulted in the loss of many documents of mine. Luckily I was able to fix the problem. Once the problem had been fixed I used CorelDraw primarily to arrange the layout of many of my products. The software comes with editing tools but for the majority of my work I edited images using Adobe Photoshop.


Cinema 4D:
Cinema 4D is a three dimensional image making piece of software. I used it to create the various different three dimensional shapes and title that appeared in my work. At the beginning of the course, I was only able to create text based images. However, I taught myself via a range of video tutorials how to create abstract shapes and other objects. Examples of my three dimensional items can be seen in all of my final products.


Here is a video showing me creating a range of images and items, thus displaying my progression in skill using Adobe Photoshop and Cinema 4D throughout the course:





Here are all the different computer technologies that I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment