Sunday 14 April 2013

Evaluation Question 2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?


My media product is aimed heavily at teenagers with a passion for electronic music. Due to this I had to make my magazine visually impressive, interesting and suitable for my genre (electronic music) so as to appeal to the niche market it is aimed at. Because the music is heavily associated with the club scene, I decided to make my magazine as lively as possible. I was able to achieve via using a variety of abstract three dimensional shapes and special effects (smoke, sparks, etc). These visually symbolise the passion and uniqueness of the music. Adding to this, similar graphics and effects are used by a variety of popular electronic music producers such as Skrillex, Deadmau5, Knife Party and Nero. As it is used by these massively influential people, the style will be very relatable to my targeted audience and therefore increase its saleability.
The product I have produced shall also appeal to mainstream media consumers as my model is wearing currently fashionable clothing items. Using fashionable clothing allows people to feel more personally involved with the magazine, as it gives them something to relate themselves to. Adding to this, a medium close up was used. The medium close up is very conventional of music magazines and thus adds an element of professionalism to the piece, thus reassuring the readers that the magazine is of a high standard. The shot being taken at eye level is also important, as it gives the impression that the musician is merely human. If the shot was taken from a low angle it would repel people as it would imply that the person in the picture thinks of themselves as being better and of a higher class than everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment