Sunday 14 April 2013

Evaluation Question 4

Who would be the audience for your media product?


Age:
The intended audience was people between 13 to 25. My initial reason for selecting this age group was because I myself was between those age boundaries. This made the task of creating my magazine significantly easier as I already had a fair amount of knowledge about the magazine styles and genres being aimed at people of my age. In addition to this, the music genre which I chose to focus my magazine on (electronic music) has a very large young audience. I was able to observe this first-hand when I attended various electronic music festivals and concerts.


Gender: 
Female 40% and Male 60%, as I decided to refrain largely from focusing on a single gender. My initial intention was appeal 50/50 to both genders. However I believe that it would attract a slightly larger male audience as it contains a fairly excessive amount of energetic and masculine graphics. Also music magazines in general tend to have a greater focus on their male audiences. This can be seen in various magazines via females being over-sexualised so as to attract the male gaze.


Economic Group: 
My magazine was set to cost £1.99 so as to make it affordable to the lower and middle groups of wealth. These groups are significantly larger than the higher wealth groups and therefore are larger consumers of the electronic music genre magazines.


Musical Preference:
The musical preference of the audience of my magazine would be electronic music. In particular, my magazine is focused on the EDM side of the genre and would therefore attract an audience which enjoy that type of music

(picture of a DJ playing music to an audience)

No comments:

Post a Comment