Friday 8 March 2013

Targeted Audience

Here is what I intend my target demographic to be:

Age:
I intend to aim my magazine to people between 13 to 25 as I myself am between those age boundaries and shall therefore be far more comfortable writing for people of similar ages. As well as this, electronic music is a very lively and new genre of music which is extremely popular in clubs and therefore it currently mainly attracts the younger generation.


(picture of a person DJing to a young audience)


Gender: 
Female 50% and Male 50%, I have decided to refrain from focusing on a single gender (e.g. via using photographs of semi naked ladies so as to attract a large male audience) so that my magazine can appeal to everyone and become something that is easily shareable among peoples friends. Due to this approach I believe that my potential influence will be vastly expanded and thus draw in a far bigger audience.

Economic Group: 
Primarily the middle or lower classes as I intend to make my magazine relatively cheap and affordable (£3 or less hopefully).

Musical Preference:
Electronic music, mainly focusing on EDM (electronic dance music), house and dubstep as they currently seem to be the most popular of the sub-genres of the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment