Tuesday 19 February 2013

Preliminary Task (Practise)

This post shall show my very first attempt at creating a school magazine front cover. To create this cover I used a desktop publishing piece of software named 'CorelDRAW' and a modelling, animation and rendering package called 'Cinema 4D'.


This is the image which I used as a base for the cover. Unfortunately the quality of the image was not fantastic and the lighting in which it was taken was unsuitable for photography. I aim to improve this in my future work.
This is a 3D masthead that I designed in Cinema 4D. It looked nice by itself but I do not feel that it suits the magazine cover that I created. I will have to bear in mind that I need to create more subtle and more fitting mastheads in my upcoming projects.


This is the front cover I created as a first attempt. I am very unhappy with it and shall need to dramatically improve my skills with cameras and the computer software if I wish to create a professional, sellable looking final product. To do this I shall need to practise far more so and to watch many tutorials so as to boost my talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment